Most of my blogging friends take pictures of the fabulous scenery from their travels. It seems my speciality is FOOD! On our last evening in Show Low, the Gang of 7 went to our local eatery for dinner. The Sugar Shack is "only" 15 miles from home and offers a variety of selections. As you'll see in the next few pictures, it is typical "Concho."


Norm and Olga place their order while the rest of wait for dinner to arrive.
Note the Concho "class!" Styrofoam containers and plastic ware. But, those ribs are good! I get exra slaw because I don't like cowboy beans and Ted gives me his portion as well.
Sue is checking out Ted's technique. Dinner conversation revolved around the previous night's low temperature. 11.1 degrees F. Yep...11.1! We compared frozen water pumps, water lines, and hot water lines. Little did we know that Thursday night's low temperature would be 6.4!!! That's an all time low temperature for me while living in a motor home. Time to bail out of town!Friday morning Ted and I left Show Low, heading for our property in Yuma. The first day we traveled only 185 miles, but it took us 5 hours. We chose to drive through the Salt River Canyon, a beautiful, challenging drive. Since we started out at an elevation over 6000 feet, we needed to descend to approx. 600 feet. This entailed a lot of downshifting and exhaust brake usage. In fact, I was in 3rd gear using the exhaust brake most of the way. Since our top speed during the most challenging parts was about 30 mph, it was a grueling drive. I haven't driven the motor home in over 8 months and had lost the "edge" I usually have. I just wanted the drive to be OVER! I was glad to arrive in Florence, AZ, and find flat, straight highway in front of me! From Florence to Casa Grande was just a short hop, and we spent the night at the Pinal County Fairgrounds. For $12 we hooked up to electricity for the first time since March 1.
Today, we finished the drive to Yuma by noon, and spent the next hour fueling up, $100, and filling the propane tanks $2.29/gal. It was a relief to arrive at the lot, not because I was glad to be in Yuma, but because I just wanted to arrive at my destination!
Barbara, do you see your truck????Our plan is to sell this property, and everyone tells us we shouldn't have a problem. Ted is ready to finish the water lines and put a couple finishing touches on the lot. Then our dream of buying a mobile home for our Show Low property can become a reality and we will again have a real home.


1 comment:
Good grief! 6 degrees!?! I'm glad we left when we did! Are you sure about this year round thing? Yes, I see my baby - hopefully it will soon have a home of its own and no longer need foster parents. :-D
Post a Comment