Saturday, February 7, 2009

This and That...

On Monday, we helped celebrate Ernie's 75th birthday. Since Ted's (TG) birthday is also in February he was also mentioned on the cake. Lynn is Ernie's cousin and she also has a February birthday.
Ernie and Wanda invited about 40 WINs, who all had a grand time. It is amazing, we don't see some of these folks very often, but there is always lots to talk about! Many of them were very interested in what we're doing in Show Low and "threaten" to come check us out!!

The "Birthday Boys!"

On Thursday, we left Yuma for Show Low. We stayed at the fairgrounds at Casa Grande and discovered the GOURD FESTIVAL! Who knew gourds deserved their own festival? A local farm sponsors the event and had these gourds for sale. There must be THOUSANDS of them here.



$5.00 a foot??????????


On Friday, we finished the trip home, (Did you catch that?) and were stopped for construction on the highway. I had a front row seat for about 20 minutes. Look at the dust created by the boulders hitting the rocks and highway below. I want the job of the foreman watching the whole scene from above the equipment.


Tonight, Saturday, we celebrated Norm and Olga's 50th anniversary. It was also Ted's birthday. I cannot imagine 50 years with the same person and admire the love and commitment they share.


However, Norm "got me!" with my own camera. This one's for you, Norm!












1 comment:

Barbara and Ron said...

Well, happy birthday, Ted. I see you went to your favorite Mexican restaurant. I'm sure you're glad to be home. Now if your house would just arrive. :-)