The White Mountain Apache Tribe owns 44,000 acres of the most beautiful mountain terrain I have ever seen. They own and operate the Hon Dah Casino and Conference Center and Sunrise Ski Resort, the premier ski area in this area of Arizona. They also host the POW WOW in the Pines every June. Native Americans gather from all over Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico and Oklahoma. It is a major social event and a time to show pride in their heritage.
.
I took 41 fabulous pictures and had a very difficult time culling the pictures to the ones you'll see here. First...MY FAVORITES! Somewhere in this riot of color, is a young man dancing his heart out.
And a young woman dancing with heart and purpose.










4 comments:
What gorgeous regalia! That must have been something to see.
Beautiful colors. Thanks for the great pictures.
Yes, great shots! Thanks for sharing.
Hey Cuz, nice job on the photos. Is it some kind of contest since I see all are wearing a number? I also wonder as to the authenticity of the costume with all the brilliant colors and all. I don't believe the native American Indian had access to such glorious and vibrant colors. However, the presentation is obvious something to impress the observer and your photos do a good job reflecting the event. Thanks for sharing...Alan
Post a Comment