Friday, January 22, 2010

Finally...SNOW!

Today is Friday, and we've been listening to NOAA radio since Sunday. They have been forecasting dire weather warnings about snow coming our way which would be measured in FEET! So, we went to town, stocked up on everything...and waited...and waited...and waited! We had a small storm early in the week which dropped 6-8 inches of snow. Yesterday, it rained... and rained... and rained. It rained so hard that the motion sensor on our front porch light was activated and the light stayed on for hours. Usually, it goes on for passing rabbits and the occasional coyote, then goes off quickly. Then, during the night, the temps dropped, and so did the snow. We figure we had more than a foot fall, maybe more...and more is forecast through Monday.
.
When I got up this morning I opened the front door and was greeted with THIS! FYI-There are 6 steps up to the front door.
This is one of the junipers off the back porch.

And, a distance shot....
Then, a surprise! The robins stay all winter and I don't know what they find to eat.



This guy posed for me a few days ago, so I included his picture.



And, last, my motorhome is buried in the snow. I'm SO glad we're in the warm house right now!

Remember, you can click on any picture and use Ctrl + to enlarge it. Ctrl - reduces it again.
Stay tuned!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you stocked up; smart move, pilgrim!