This will be one of my last two blogs. If you read the sidebar, you'll remember that I started this blog to keep friends and family in touch with what Ted and I were doing, purchasing a home, getting the septic in, adding power, etc., etc. I have done that.
.
Our life in Concho is full of happiness-ours and many whom we meet. My involvement in CASA has been and continues to be one of the best commitments I have ever made. Unfortunately, all of that must remain confidential. However, I have been asked to mentor two new CASAs and I am very flattered. I'm going to brag a little and quote from the Christmas Card I received from my CASA coordinator. "I so enjoy working with you & feel blessed to have your friendship. You are an amazing CASA and an even more amazing person. May your Christmas & New Year be filled with very special memories!" Remember, CASAs are appointed by the Superior Courts to watch over and care for children in the foster care system. Our main job is to investigate the whole family and make unbiased recommendations to the judge to help her decide what is in the best interest of the children. In my case, I have consulted with family members, attorneys, therapists, probation officers, sheriffs, police deputies, the judge and many many others. It has been very stressful, but knowing I am doing what I'm supposed to do, and knowing my coordinator supports me, makes helping two very precious children worth all the angst.
.
So, now my memories.First, always, my oldest friend, Ann. She is sitting here now, wondering what I'm doing. This picture is from last year, but you get the idea. We have been friends for 61 years.
The next pictures are in random order, so here are Rebel and Barney, doing what they do best!! Rebel watches out the front window waiting for whichever human is not at home. Barney just sleeps all morning.
Joey came up for the summer and had rotator cuff surgery. Here she is the day after...not at her best. Believe me, she recovered quickly!
Ted had the same surgery in February, so we were able to help her and provide comfortable shirts. She repaid Ted for his help and teasing by decorating this shirt for him...which he even wore to physical therapy!
Then there is my garden. (These are acorn squash.)

These are delicata squash.

Ron and Barbara came for a visit and Ron helped Ted get the pump house under way.
CASA had a fundraiser this summer. This is Diana, my coordinator. We helped "man" the tables for a horseback poker run. FUN!!!! Buck gave me the leather vest to wear.
Pete's 80th birthday was a major event this summer.

Winona made a special trip up the mountain to be here for the event. LOVED seeing her!

After our pulled pork dinner, Ted prepared a Concho (WIN) Candle for us to enjoy. You can can see what a lovely night it was by the casual clothing.
As the candle burned, it became more and more beautiful.
This picture is out of order, but other bloggers understand how that can happen! Here is Heidi fighting the high winds.
I organized a "ladies" luncheon at a tea house in Snowflake. These are very special local friends.
....and the most special of all!!!
Ted and I took a shopping trip to Phoenix this summer and found this cell tower. At first, we commented on how unnatural it was since it was so perfect. Looking closer, we found out why. It does seem to camouflage the ugly cell tower though.
We had lots of dinner parties this summer...and lots of fooling around. Here is "smell no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil and see no evil." Do you think it matches our personalities???
I have no idea what Sally was doing...and I hope we're still friends when she sees this!
Barbara was so proud of her fruit plate and it was soooo pretty.
Later in the summer Ted and I took my CASA kids to the Wildfest in Show Low. The pictures of the hawk and the immature bald eagle aren't the best, but YOU try to get the birds to pose!!!!


So, these are the highlights of 2010. I have one more blog to write, but it will be short. Then, I am shutting down the blog. Our life in Concho/Show Low is amazing. We are very busy, but nothing seems to be worthy of blogging. We went the SRP Holiday Dinner again this year, but you can read last year's blog to get the story. The same with the Lighted Christmas Parade and other annual events. When we were traveling we had wonderful adventures to share. Now, that we are "Planted" we have meaningful events and friendships, but because of the confidentiality, I can't share them. So, it seems I have nothing to write about!.
So, thanks for being my audience, but after the next blog, I am finished. I have accomplished what I set out to do.
.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

6 comments:
Thanks for sharing your memories - so sorry that you are leaving bloggerland, but I understand.
I was wrong. You should NOT post anymore!! Just kidding, but that was a scary picture of me.
The work you do for CASA is just amazing. They are so lucky to have you.
I understand what you mean - when we're stationary, I post very rarely. But I hope you reconsider. Every once in awhile, I know you'll have something to say. Your coodinator is right - you and Ted are pretty amazing.
Happy New Year!
Thanks Barbara, we love you guys, too!!!
Well, Cuz, here I am finally reading your blog site, and when I did,I find that it won't be there anymore! Darn it all.
Crap, how dissapointing! I'm sorry to see ya go, but I understand your position. I looked forward to read your adventures as they occur and I feel blessed that you took the time to share 'em all with us. It was sure enlightening to hear about your life and it's challenges. I feel that you have done a superb job with informing us all accordingly. I'm sorry to see ya go, but, then again I am your cousin, and as such, you got my email to let me know how's it going from time to time. Soo, don't be a stranger!
Love ya, Cousin Al.
Hey Cuz, I forgot to ask you that once you "shut this blog site down" will it mean that it won't be accessible anymore and we won't be seeing all these neat photos anymore?
Is there anyway that you can send this last message, in total, to my email site?
That would be a record of good keeping!
Al.,,,your cuz
Post a Comment