This blog entry is dedicated to my cousin, Alan. HE IS SUCH A NAG! Pictures, pictures, where are the pictures? So, I decided to record this very uneventful day. First, I cleaned the entire kitchen, living room and den. I sure have a lot of cupboards and mission furniture to dust! (no pictures) Then, I took pictures around the lot. First, here is Ted, on his backhoe, spreading a new layer of cinders. We've had a lot of rain lately, and having thick cinders keeps us, and the dogs. from tracking in the mud. Ted cleans all the vinyl floors so he is helping himself with this project. (He does the floors and I do everything else. I HATE cleaning the floors, so this works.)
Here is the pile of stuff he had to move out of the way to spread the cinders. Note the burn barrel, steps and trash cans.
Here is the pile of stuff he had to move out of the way to spread the cinders. Note the burn barrel, steps and trash cans.
Here are the tomato pots and soil ready to be used. (I've been a little busy.)
Here is the asparagus patch which has gone to seed because I was too busy/tired to get out there twice a day to pick.
We do have desert verbena all over the property. It blooms all summer long and makes even the ugly areas look nice.
We still have the 10 axles and 20 tires from the transporting of the home on March 20. They belong to the dealership and they seem to have have abandoned them here. I guess they don't have much use for them right now.
No matter what else is happening up here, we do have gorgeous sunsets.
So, that's my story of a very ordinary day. All the furious activity is over, we're living in our home. Now we discuss things like skirting, and an additional storage container. Plus, we see our friends regularly. I'm not planting a garden this year as I have lots of other things to keep me busy, so that will have to wait for next year. (Alan, send me a picture of you and I'll post it for all to see how handsome you are!).
Stay tuned!!!!!!!!

3 comments:
Finally, more pictures!!
And now I know what all that noise was I heard over in your dirction.
I see you might be moved in, but you're still not relaxing. :-)
Hey Cuz, in behalf of your fan club I would like to thank you for finally updating your blog! I know "we" all appreciate it, right gang? Since I am your cuz, and family, I guess I can get away with "bugging" you for more pictures and updates. You know what they say....."You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your relatives!" Furthermore; I smile because you are my cousin and I laugh because there's nothing you can do about! Truth be told; you're the best cousin ever! Now don't go gettin' mushy on me. Thanks for the great pictures. I really do enjoy seeing how your adventure is progressing. As for the picture of me....I'll have to work on that one!
Post a Comment