Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our First Guests

Norm and Olga asked to be our first guests. They had a reason...they wanted to have a blessing ceremony, to bless our house, and us. I arranged to have my wedding crystal shipped from Michigan, and you can see it arrived safely. We feel truly blessed...our home, our relationship and our wonderful, wonderful friends who think enough of us to want to do this for us.
The next night, we had Norm and Olga, Donna, Sue, Buck and Dewey over for dinner. Counting us, that's 8 people! I can't remember the last time I cooked for 8! In the following picture Ted is checking out the arrangement Donna made for Ted. (Look how content Barney and Rebel are.)
Zoom in on the picture and you see the tiny backhoe she put in the arrangement. The bucket even has a rock in it, since one of Ted's favorite things is moving boulders. The bigger the better! He puts them all around our property as a barrier to unwelcome visitors.

Here is our new table, set for 8. I discovered we could fit 10 people around the table.

As our guests were leaving, the UPS man arrived with boxes from Select Comfort. Our new beds have arrived. YEAH!!!! Tomorrow night I'll be sleeping in our home. The house arrived 8 weeks ago, and it has been 13 weeks since the first hole was dug for our septic system. It is actually a very short time to complete all this work, but the last weeks have gone very slowly. FINALLY, we are on our own schedule and can finish our projects at our own pace.
Stay tuned............



4 comments:

sally said...

Everything looks great. You guys are doing a great job. I can't wait to see it all in person.

Diana said...

Wow! Your house looks beautiful, and really gigantic!

Anonymous said...

How about that, you are in a real home without wheels on it! The RV life is nice, but there is no place like home. I'm glad for you. Everything looks great and I can tell from your blog that you are really enjoying this transition. You deserve this and I'm glad that you found this resolution for your lifestyle. It's good to see Ted is enjoying it as much as you do. I wish the best for my cousin...Alan

Anonymous said...

Hey...when we gonna see some more pictures of your progress? Ya get us hooked and then..........no more photos! Oh boo hoo, boo hoo! I guess I'm gonna have to get another best-friend.
Oh wait, I know what's holding things up. You put in some grass sod and you're spending all your time watering it........right?
Al.