Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Auctions

Some of my friends have recently visited Pikes Peak and discovered amazing bridges in Ohio. We all take our fun where we find it, and on Saturday, we found this auction 1 mile from home.
This isn't Grumpy Dave. Apparently he died and they didn't bother to change the sign. Anyway, this guy kept the auction going for at least 6 hours, non-stop. First they got rid of everything on this flat-bed trailer before everyone moved inside for the furniture.

You bid on a box and got everything in it, whether you wanted it or not! I bid on that box of pots and pans, but someone else wanted it waaaaaaaaay more than I did.

I wanted that strainer and didn't care what else was in the box. Turns out there were 9 pieces of Corning Ware, that I loved, and needed.


I paid $5 for this box of storage containers and got all 9 lids for the Corning Ware. Works for me!!!
Ted, Patricia and Judy are paying close attention. We ALL bought "stuff" that day.

Joy and Barbara were also paying close attention, too. There were some good buys.
Here's a couple of my purchases. I found this wood card table and chairs, the insink strainer I wanted, the Corning Ware and this neat ladle carved from one piece of wood. I will find a place to hang it in the kitchen. Ted bought a gas powered weed eater, a file cabinet, a pickax, and a few other things as well. We are very pleased and had a fun day. Hey! Life happens all around you! Just look for it!



Stay tuned...







3 comments:

Diana said...

Looks like you made some great buys! I love the wood card table and chairs.

Ted and Mary Ellen said...

ME, Too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cuz, I haven't done a comment in awhile because it's been difficult to keep up with your very busy lifestyle! You are having the time of your life and we are happy for you. Keep on doing what you're doing......it looks like a great time! Love, your Cuz