This is my favorite picture of the ones Ted took on our last night together. (Maybe my sister will send me the ones Lowell took and I can share them, too.) Our parents died in 1967 and 1968 and since then it has been a tradition to take a yearly picture of the sisters. Janet and I had an older sister, Carolyn, who died in 1999. So, now it is just the two of us, no aunts, uncles, or grandparents. We do have 4 treasured first cousins but no older generation. WE'RE IT!!! Janet and Carolyn each had two sons and Lowell brought two more boys into the family, so the next generation is secure.
Janet married when I was 17, and since then, we have never had any time to be sisters without the constant interruption of family life. This time we had 4 nights/3 days and made use of all the daylight hours. Ted says we talked non-stop for 3 days in the car, only being interrupted for historic moments before resuming where we left off. We created a very strong bond, to the point that I really miss her! I'll be going back to MI in 2011 for a class reunion, and a family reunion as well!!!.
So world, this is my sister, and I wanted to share her with YOU!
Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:
Hey Cuz, it sure is obvious of the "McDonald" in both your faces.
Good to see you both together again.
Alan
Great story, and I agree, the bond between sisters is really special.
Sounds like a special visit. There's nothing like a sister!
Post a Comment