My sister, Janet, and her husband, Lowell, visited us from Michigan. They took the scenic route from Michigan to Las Vegas, NV, to see Kent and Stephanie. I haven't seen my sister in 3 1/2 years, and never without tons of family around for a holiday dinner usually at her house. So, having just the four of us for three straight days was a special treat. The days...and nights...were cold and dreary, so each day we took a car trip to some local attraction. First, we went to Bison Ranch, a condo/rental property owned by Wyndom. It is near Heber/Overgaard and a lovely drive from Show Low. I knew we needed to eat lunch at the Wild Women Saloon but I didn't know we would have an opportunity for such a great picture. Janet made me the shrug I'm wearing and it gave me welcome warmth all day!
Here's her lunch, grilled romaine salad. She ordered it just to see how you grill lettuce. She said it was very good.
Here's my lunch. The menu was mostly burgers and sandwiches and I wanted something hot...so I ended up with a house salad, french onion soup with NO onions or cheese, and plain veggies. BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!! The men ordered BLTs which arrived at the table uncut! I definiely do not recommend this place for lunch.





3 comments:
Hey, 'tis good to see my two cousins enjoying themselves together. Family is important.....especially when ya start rollin' them years by.
Soo........what make of lever-action 30/30 is above the bar at the Wild Women Saloon?...Winchester, Remington, Marlin etc...??
Alan
How can you make French Onion soup with no onions????
Mystery solved about the rifle above the bar at the Wild Women Saloon.
It is a circa 1930 Model 94 Winchester Lever action 30/30.
This came from a reliable family source in Texas!
Cuz
Post a Comment